Reasons to Give
The Kentucky Education Reform Act brought about many needed improvements to Kentucky schools. The financing part of the program, however, significantly hurt independent school districts that were otherwise willing to adequately fund their community schools. As a result of these changes, the advantages that our system so long enjoyed are now gone. The consolidation of many county schools, which can provide more diverse educational opportunities, makes competing more difficult. As a result of these two phenomenon, many independent school systems across the state have lost students and teachers.
To ensure the future prosperity of the Pikeville Independent School System and the growth and development of the Pikeville community, it is imperative that we remain competitive. Your assistance and contributions to this will help ensure a viable and competitive Pikeville Independent School System for many years to come.
Funding provided through the Foundation will aid in academic areas such as:
- Updated technology in classrooms and auditoriums
- Enhanced music and arts programs
- Artist-in-residence programs
- Visual arts programs such as sculpture and textile design
- Seminars and workshops in math & science
- Comprehensive lab projects
- Individual student research
- Field trips to museums, the opera and the ballet
- Generate multi-cultural programs
- Expanded foreign language programs
- Attraction of noteworthy guest speakers
- Enhanced programs for the gifted and talented
- Recognition of scholastic achievement
Foundation donors reflect a wide range of people who recognize the strong link between the Pikeville Independent Schools and its high quality of life:
- Parents of Pikeville Independent students
- Residents who have no children or whose children are grown
- Pikeville Independent Alumni
- Local businesses
- Private foundations
Ways to Give
You can support the Foundation through:
- Making annual gifts
- Giving in honor of teachers, principals, or other individuals
- Giving in memory of an individual
- Making donations earmarked for a particular Foundation or school program
- Contributing to the endowment fund of the Foundation
- Donating appreciated securities
The donations we receive are the seed for important initiatives and programmatic innovations in the Pikeville Independent School System in areas such as technology, literacy, science education, and student enrichment programs. When considering philanthropic priorities, donors should keep in mind the leveraging impact of their support for The Foundation of Excellence in Education.
We have established distinct giving levels for our contributors:
- Level 1
- Level 2
T.W. Oliver Club
- Level 3
Chester Bailey Club
- Level 4
- Level 5
Maroon and White Club
Levels 3, 4, and 5 will accept pledges in equal installments over a five year period. Recognition occurs upon completion of pledge.
How to Give
For further information on giving opportunities, contact Sandra Branham at Pikeville High at (606) 432-0185 or email to email@example.com.
You can mail any donation to:
Pikeville High School
Foundation of Excellence in Education
c/o Sandra Branham
401 North Mayo Trail
Pikeville, KY 41501
With donation, please include your name, address, phone number, and any other information that may be important for us to know (memorial giving, giving in honor, etc.).
Thank you for your consideration and support of our school system.